Sunday, April 13, 2014

[Tip] Want to learn Adobe Illustrator? Try Skillshare

Skillshare instructor, Brad Woodard at http://bravethewoods.com/


I love looking at well designed eye-candy on the internet, and I've been wanting to make my own digital illustrations for awhile.

The problem?  
Adobe Illustrator is daunting!  

So MANY unfamiliar buttons.  I felt like every time I clicked on the page I automatically got an "error" button.  I tried learning via the Adobe website tutorials, but it's tough to navigate.  I also looked into signing up for 3-day Adobe Creative Suite workshops, but they are spendy (and non-expensable since my day job is all about spreadsheets). 

Well, last week, my friend Mamie posted that she was learning Adobe Illustrator on Skillshare via the class "The Ins and Outs of Illustrator" by Brad Woodard.

I immediately (like, literally within 2 minutes) signed up for a membership ($9.99 per month) and started the class.  Within a few hours, I was able to take an illustrated advertisement (i.e., example on the left) and make it on my own in Adobe Illustrator (example on the right).

Not bad for a newbie, right?

Now, I'm off to learn more about photography composition with instructor, Frank Wang, followed by typography from this graphic design celebrity 

110% recommend for anyone wanting to learn a creative skill at a reasonable cost.  Yea, learning!

The original advertisement
My version created in Adobe Illustrator



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...