Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thanksgiving in the Maldives



























I'm usually a prolific blogger (well at least since I started blogging a few months ago), but I've gone mum this month.  Maybe that's a good thing -- I'm not sure if chronicling your life for public record is good or just one more outlet for narcissism and self-indulgence.  At some point, I'll dissect my motivations, but for now, I'm back.

The reason for going mum: I started a new role at Google this month and have been traveling a lot.

Here's some photos from Thanksgiving in the Maldives with Alan and our friends Rebecca & Tom.  It was beautiful and hideously expensive (yet, probably cheaper than a round-trip flight to the US during holiday season).  We were likely the only people not on their honeymoon, and like all the rest, it was a glorious, once-in-a-lifetime treat.

Note: I actually didn't realize it was Thanksgiving until I was at the airport.  That's what living on an island with weather like this does to your brain:














Okay, now, here's the photos.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...