Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Girls (the one on HBO)

Vogue UK 2012

























Love it or hate it.... you've got to give the TV show "Girls" credit.  

Lena Dunham (age 27) is the creator, director and star of one of the most talked about TV shows on HBO.  That, alone, deserves major praise.

I'm not sure about you, but I haven't accomplished anything remotely in the same league (I mean, my main accomplishment is just being "employed").

Personally, I love it.  It's quirky.  It's funny.  It's raw.  It's more real (at least for "young urbanites in developed countries") than almost any other show around.  

Despite being in a serious relationship now, my life has always been dominated by my "pack of chicks" (FYI - I think I might be the only person that still uses "chicks").  Girlfriends don't go away in your adult years -- if anything, I think the relationships become stronger.

It's the same in Girls -- the show has 4 strong female characters.  A strong "pack."

Thankfully, others love Girls too.  It's been renewed for a 3rd Season (yesss!).... here's the teaser.  In advance, I've started listening to the Spotify Girls Station (yep, it exists. it's awesome).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...