Thursday, August 15, 2013

[Koh Tao] View from Underwater


























This chick can now hangout 60 feet under the water.  

Alan and I are now SCUBA certified thanks to Marc from Alvaro Diving in Koh Tao, Thailand (Note: I asked who "Alvaro" is and apparently, it's a mystery).  

The dive shop was perfect -- we had a 1:2 ratio with our instructor (i.e., Marc + Alan & me), which made it a very personalized experience.

After you get past the "oh shit" moment, diving is incredible.  It's likely the closest I'll come to outer space.  With the help of a bit of equipment, I was able to enter a different world that looks nothing like land.  Coral, fish and sea creatures rule with colorful patterns that delight the eye.  

I completed 7 dives and am ready for more (Alan & I are thinking the Maldives).  I just need to get a GoPro first.

In the meantime, here's some photos from our trip above water...










1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...