Thursday, May 9, 2013

Need a car? Print it.

(Source: Michael Eden)

The Financial Times believes 3D printing could be bigger than the internet.
The Economist said 3D printing would transform manufacturing (and that was 2011).
Staples is the first US retailer to sell 3D printers (the Cube) at scale for $1.3K

We are on to a revolution.  

I tried to buy SSYS & DDD today, but it looks like other investors got there way before me.

So, why am I so excited about this?

It will put the power back in the hands of the designers and makers.  It will turn the manufacturing world we know today on its head.

Need a bowl?  Print it.
Want a chair?  Print it.
Need a car?  Print it (that's probably a little further away)

You'll be able to buy designs online & then put your machine to work.

In the video, Michael Eden said, "I don't have to think about all the limitations of working on the wheel.  You are freed of gravity.  And, I thought, I can make anything.  If I can design it, if I can draw it on the computer, then I can make it."

Now, that's something to look forward to.

PS - You could even print these adorable robots!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...