Monday, May 6, 2013

Lolla: Good food, good design






























(Source: Honeycombers)

Zagat named it one of "The Top 10 Restaurants in the World."  HungryGoWhere (the Yelp of Singapore) gave it 100% (all 5 stars).  I could only get a reservation on Monday night.

I knew Lolla would be good...

... But, I was probably most impressed by the little details.

Concrete walls.  Polished concrete floors.  Community dining tables.  Tasty, exquisitely prepared small plates to share.  It reminded me a lot of State Bird Provisions in San Francisco, not surprisingly also on the same Zagat list top restaurants list.

Besides the food, I really loved the website, place matts and coasters (I brought those home as my leftovers; all food was devoured).  

My recommendation: Check Lolla out soon!  We are already planning our second visit.






















































































PS - The website is way better than these screen shots.  The images move & the dots cascade down the page.

PS - These coasters are all now sitting on my desk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...